Are you planning to hire someone to provide childcare services in your home jointly with another family in a “nanny share” or shared-care arrangement? Do you already jointly employ someone to provide childcare services in a nanny share and want to improve your employment arrangements?

If so, this guide will help you:  

  • focus your initial discussions with the other employing family and the person you’re hiring or organize conversations with the childcare provider working for you now;
  • strengthen clear and respectful communication between you, the other employing family, and your employee; and
  • develop a clear work agreement that specifies the relevant terms of employment as well as records other important information. 

In this guide, the term childcare provider will be used to describe people who are paid to care for children in your home.  You may use another name for such a person. The most frequently used job titles for this work in the United States are childcare provider, nanny, caregiver, babysitter, or au pair.  

Download Direct Download